Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Talking Heads

It's Black History Month, so my class is doing a cool project courtesy of a great idea that I got from FETC.

First, we started our research.  I used this awesome packet with thinking maps and organizers. (Click the pic to see find purchasing info)

My students used iPads and books to research.




Then, the REALLY fun part!  The students are drawing their "person"'s head.  They are recording themselves speaking in first person telling about themselves as if they were the historical character.  We turn the video into a QR code and presto! A Talking Head!!




At the end of our research the posters will all be displayed as a museum of sorts and each student will take an iPad and scan the code to learn about each African American.

It's been so much fun, I can hardly stand it!


1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis