Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dice Games with the iPad

Kids love playing with dice-but give them dice on the iPad and they are giddy.
Today for math centers we used these fabulous dice games from The Lesson Plan Diva.  You can download her free games by clicking on the pic below.

I gave each pair of students an iPad with the free Dice app installed (there's a few of them in the app store).  It was pure center success.



My favorite part about this center is the ability to differentiate so effortlessly.
With a swipe I am able to change the amount of die each center uses.  I had some students using 2 dice and some using 3 to compare 2 or 3 digit numbers.

Try it! You'll be glad you did!



2 comments:

  1. Now this is amazing. I am surely going to try this fun with my iPad.

    Regards;
    Sara William
    Click to buy Handy iPad Covers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Plus it saves kids from losing the dice too!
    I found your site through the Tech Tuesday Link Up.

    thanks
    Matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis