Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas in the Classroom

I've been trying to think of a different theme for our party on Friday (only 32 school hours left-but who's counting?).  I wanted to keep it "Jesus" centered but I didn't want to do the whole "Happy Birthday, Jesus", since many classes seem to do that every year.  So I decided to use the Tale of the Three Trees theme.  Here's some of the ideas I've collected so far:


We're going to have breakfast.

Tree shaped pancakes will be perfect.  I'm going to use this method and make them tomorrow night.  Then I'll put the pancakes in the slow cooker to heat them through the morning of the party.


We're also going to have muffins.  I'm going to create these but I'm going to use green paper for the tree look.
(http://miraquechulo.wordpress.com/2011/12/18/diy-♥-arboles-navidenos-para-los-peques/)

We're having apple juice and green grapes to round off the meal.



Green table clothes, plates, and napkins will complete the breakfast.

For our game we're doing a Christmas tree relay:
http://lewislearninglibrary.blogspot.com/2011/01/holidays-around-world-and-other.html

I can't wait to play this one!

Lastly, we'll watch the The Tale of the Three Trees.

While the kids watch the movie they'll enjoy popcorn in cones. 
I'll use sugar cones to complete the tree effect!

Lastly, we'll make this craft that a co-worker gave us!
(Click on the pic for ordering info)

Merry Christmas from our class to yours!







1 comment:

ShareThis