Sunday, October 14, 2012

Noun Town



We have been studying nouns.  One of the best ways that I have found for students to transfer what they have learned is through sticky note response charts.  Anytime the students are in an independent reading time they can add the appropriate sticky notes to the chart.  (I cut the sticky notes in half to help them go further.)

A few of the of rules are: 
1. You may not repeat a sticky note that is already posted. (For example: if the noun "dog" is already posted, you many not also post "dog". Like in the chart below LOL)
2.  If you see a sticky note that you think is placed incorrectly, let Mrs. Hughes know and she will let you know if it is ok to remove it.
3.  You may only add sticky notes to the chart during an independent reading time.  (You may not get up during a whole group instruction time.)






I check the chart daily and if I see a sticky that is not correct, then I explain or ask the whole group why it is incorrect-I use it as a teaching opportunity.  
I had to laugh when I saw the sticky note "bachelorette" placed on the person section.  I may need to check what that child was reading LOL.

Blessings to you,
Kris




1 comment:

  1. Greetings! I can notice that you really understand what you are writing about here. Do you own a special education which is somehow associated with the subject of this blog article? Thanks in advance for your reply.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis