Sunday, October 7, 2012

How to Lock An App on iPad, iPod, or iPhone

Buckle your seat belts, my friends.  I got the official word that I will be receiving 8 iPads for my classroom-EIGHT!! I am more excited than a child on Christmas morning.  This has been a goal of mine for the past year and I can't believe it's finally happening!!  As a result, you will be seeing lots of techy posts on my blog.  I'm learning as I go and I want to share all my new found knowledge, successes, and failures with you. (May my failures be few!).

My first order of business as I prepare for our class iPads is management.  How do I keep my 2nd graders on task so their learning is optimal?
  This "guided access" feature is genius.  (You can also use this same feature on your iPhone to keep your own little ones from calling China!)


Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5:
Open the app you want to lock.  Triple click the home button and you'll see this screen. Click "Start"
(Have you downloaded the Brainpop and Brainpop Jr. apps? Do.it.now.)

Step 6:  Enter your passcode to enable the lock.  Anytime a child tries to click the home button and leave the app this "Enter Passcode" box will appear.

Step 7:  The student will see this message if they try to leave the app.

Step 8:  Once you triple click the home button and enter your password you can click "End" to exit the app.

To lock a new app, once you've opened the desired app, just triple click the home button and click "Start" (step 5)
What a great feature to keep our little guys on task!

BTW-I was so excited about my iPads and all the great posts to come that I redesigned my blog! Enjoy!

Blessings to you,
Kris








1 comment:

  1. This has been a goal of mine for the past year and I can't believe it's finally happening!! As a result, you will be seeing lots of techy posts on my blog. I'm learning as I go and I want to share all my new found knowledge, Spy Kik Download From 4Shared

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis