Saturday, July 7, 2012

All American Teacher

4 Years ago during the Election year and Olympics I chose to do an Americana theme in my classroom.  Now here we are 4 years later (where does the time go?!) and I'm going to do the same theme.  

It's a fun theme and I can't wait to share it with you as it all comes together.  But in the meantime, if you choose to do the same theme (which I highly recommend because it's so educational-much more so than a monkey theme or a happy face theme, etc.!)- This is the weekend to go shop and get all the Fourth of July stuff 50% or more off!



If you're on the fence about your theme, here's some of the ideas I have in the works:

Behavior System: "Elect Good Behavior"
Welcome board: "A Grand Ole Class"
Student of the Week will be "Classroom Hero of the Week" depicting a soldier
Reading Corner- "Mount Readmore"
AR board-"Star Spangled Man with a Reading Plan" I'm going to make little Captain America's with my Cricut for each student.

Lots more to come!  I know we all want to see pics-so I'll post them as it all comes to fruition!

Blessings to you,
Kris

4 comments:

  1. Aw these are such cute and great ideas! What a wonderful way to incorporate social studies so easily!

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris,
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas!

    I want to award you the Versatile Blogger Award!
    Stop by to check it out.
    Lorena
    Little Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just nominated you for an award as a thank you for always sharing such unique ideas! Head over to my blog to check it out :)!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis