Sunday, April 29, 2012

KEEP CALM AND FINISH STRONG


 I have 22 days of school left. TWENTY-TWO.
And it's all set it in.  You know, the fever.  I have symptoms like, I can.not.get.up. in the morning.  I've stopped making my lunch everyday. I'm wearing ponytails everyday.  I no longer care what my outfits look like.  That's just to name a few.   

 I'm just plain tired.  I'm in survival mode.
Can you relate?

Well, today I've made a resolution-kind of like a New Year's Resolution-but the opposite. :) 
I'm resolving to make these the best 22 days I can for my students and my family (because let's face it, my family definitely gets the short end of the stick this time of year.)

And why shouldn't I put it in overdrive right about now? I have 22 days until I have 2 months off!!! I have so much to look forward to! Non-teachers would kill for 2 months off! And I do LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my job.  Why should that stop just short of the finish line.
It shouldn't.  It can't.  I won't let it!

Here's how I'm going to do it:
(I know you're wondering "How in the world..."):

1.  I'm going to get up early-15 minutes earlier than normal. 
You know, like I did back in August and September...Then I can make a good breakfast for my family.  I can actually fix my hair and look and feel presentable for the day.

 Afterall, I have 60+ days ahead of me that I can sleep until whenever I want!!!

2.  I'm not going to buy lunch at school more than once a week.
I 'm going to pack a nutritious lunch.  I need to feel good in the afternoon and not loaded down after eating chicken fingers and fries for the 4th day in a row.
3.  I'm going to complete my lesson plans for the remainder of the school year this week.
I want to be prepared and be one step ahead.   The worst thing about this time of year is the feeling of being overwhelmed by so much to do.  Getting my lesson plans done will make for one less thing on my plate.
4.  I will implement a new behavior motivation for my students this week.
This will keep them motivated and help me with my patience.  I'm implementing "Brownie Points".  Click on the pic to see this great idea from First Grader At Last.


5.  Lastly, I will SMILE.  I will have joy. 

  I will love these 23 sweet boys and girls with all my heart 

until they walk out of my classroom door 22 days from now. 

Blessings to you,
Kris



  

4 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I totally relate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminders to keep some sanity this time of year! :) I always say there's so much time between the 1st month and the last month I think we block out from year to year how exhausting both are! Thanks for sharing your goals! And I love the Brownie Points idea.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a homeschooling mom of 3 (only 1 isn't in school yet), I am glad to hear that it isn't just me who is antsy to be done with school. Today was supposed to be our last day, but, I said, WE'LL DO IT TOMORROW!
    Your posts always encourage me to do better! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis