Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Trigraphs

Our word work involved trigraphs this week.
So we made these tri-flap books.

The students categorized their spelling words on the inside of the booklet.
They also went on a word hunt to find words with trigraphs in their decodeable readers.

I find that when I do these sorts of activities with our spelling pattern each week, the students are so much more aware of other words with the same pattern.  I had at least 5 students come up to me and show me words with trigraphs in their books that they were reading during silent reading time!
 I love that!

Blessings to you,
Kris



5 comments:

  1. I ♥ this idea...looks like something I could totally do with my kiddos...thanks for sharing! How did you make those super cute letters, or did you buy them?

    Bonnie
    Living A Wonderful Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flip books! I do it with shapes and when they open it they put the characteristics of that shape! Very engaging :)

    Randi @ Teach It With Class
    My TPT Store
    My Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie-I had a helper cut them on the Ellison for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat idea! I hadn't heard or trigraphs before, but I get it! I am "pinning" this onto my Word Study Ideas board on Pinterest! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis