Monday, December 5, 2011

December Discipline

My posts have been few and far between as of late.  It's because of a little thing called DECEMBER.   Craziness.  As things get crazier, so do the kids.  So every December, I use a new, fresh classroom management tool to keep them on their toes.  This year's is called "Stocking Up on Good Behavior"

I used my Cricut (actually wonderful parent volunteers used my Cricut) to make a stocking for each student with their name on it.  On Friday, all the students who were on green get a candy cane in their stocking.   It's funny how a little candy cane excites and motivates!

Then, at the end of 4 weeks before Christmas vacation, all of the students who have 4 candy canes will receive an extra special prize (I'm still deciding on what it will be.  I have some fun, economical ideas that I'm narrowing down).  I'm setting the bar high.  I'm expecting excellence in their behavior.  If I accept mediocrity, that's what I'll get.  I want my class as whole to be able to enjoy this Christmas season with as little behavior disruptions as possible!  
Merry Christmas!


Blessings to you,
Kris




4 comments:

  1. Oh Kris, this is a gorgeous display!!!!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful idea to add in behavior! I'm totally taking this! I just had a parent volunteer make stockings too!
    Thanks!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis