Saturday, August 6, 2011

Meet Mrs. Hughes

I'm so excited for school to start!. I have less than 48 hours until I go back to school officially for the new school year.   Tonight I just couldn't contain my excitement, so I made my "Meet Mrs. Hughes" page for my classroom blog.   Here's what it looks like:

Hi, Super Second Graders! I'm Mrs. Hughes. I'm so thrilled that you're in my class.  
Here are some things that you should know about your teacher:
I asked Jesus to be my Savior when I was 10 years old.  I love Jesus so much.  He is always with me.  Jesus is the only One who can make me a good wife, mom, friend and teacher.
My favorite Bible verse is II Corinthians 5:17.

This is my 13th year of teaching.  Being a teacher is so fun.  It is one of my favorite things to do.  

Let me introduce you to my family.

This is Mr. Hughes.  We have been married for 17 years.

This is my cool son, Dylan.  He loves to fish with his Dad.

This my sweet daughter, Holly.  She is in 2nd grade this year like you!

This is my puppy, Bullet.  He is a dachshund or "hot dog".

I love doing anything fun with my family.  They are my favorite people to be with.

We love to camp together.


My son and husband love baseball.  Dylan plays baseball, so I am a baseball mom.

One of my favorite things to do is to cook and make fun cupcakes and desserts.


I also like to scrapbook.  Over vacation I made 20 scrapbook pages all in one night!

 I am so happy that you are in my class.  I can't wait to learn about you and all of your favorite things!

Blessings to you,
Mrs. Hughes

{What kind of information do you include on your "Meet the Teacher" pages? I would love to see yours! Blog about it or leave a link below!}







4 comments:

  1. I love how you can openly share your faith at your school. I have to be a little more tricky about sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I get inspired reading your blogs! You are just an amazing woman! I won't be posting a link cause my students know all there is about me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job, Kris! I have really enjoyed getting to meet your family. I also find it a MAJOR privilege to have been a taster of your delectable food! See you tomorrow.

    HUGS!!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this post. I personally find this the hardest thing to write on my class site. Your looks fabulous!
    Barrow's Hodgepodge

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis