Sunday, August 14, 2011

Book Trailers

Do you know about book trailers?
If you google "book trailers, (name of book)"  you can find teasers to books you may be reading in your classroom .  Of course, as with anything on google, you have to be careful and find just the right trailer.  But when you find the right one, it's worth it!

Here's the book trailer for a novel we read in 2nd grade, The Boxcar Children #1.



Here's one for Chrysanthemum which we're reading on the first day of school.



I think this a genius way to capture our students' attention for the sake of reading!

To take this a step further, wouldn't it be great to let the students create their own book trailers for their favorite books??

Blessings to you,
Kris

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could play YouTube at school! It is blocked by our district. I'll have to try to find these somewhere else!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did a post last week on Book trailers. I plan on using them more in my room, too. I spent a morning last week downloading a bunch so that I have enough to get my year started...

    See my post at http://3rdgradelearners.blogspot.com/2011/08/book-trailers.html

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis