Sunday, July 17, 2011

A VERY Cool iPad Game

I found a treasure today at Walmart. If you have an iPad or if you're blessed enough to have iPads in your classroom (like I will in the fall!!!), then you need to run, don't walk, to your nearest Walmart and snatch up this game. It's called Yoomi.









What makes it even more exciting is the CLEARANCE price!




My family had a blast playing it tonite. In fact, I can't wait until my next dinner party to play it with friends.
Here's how it works:
First you have to download the FREE Yoomi app.
Here's the device that makes it all work.




The screen on the iPad looks like this.




The device goes on the lower part of the screen.




Each player gets 6 of the same colored flat marbles. The first player secretly picks their choice.




Their choice is hidden inside this part of the Yoomi device.
The players then try to decide which one the first player secretly picked and place their marble on the coordinating colored circle.




The choices on this screen were "drive a car" or "ride in a car". Both answers are color coded either purple or green.
After everyone has made their choice, the "reveal answer" button is pressed. Then, the magic happens! The circles on the top move and only the marbles on the correct choice are dropped into the chamber.




The winner is the first person to get rid of all their marbles.
Fun, fun, fun. I'm already thinking about how I can use this great find in my classroom. I'm definitely thinking about using it as a reward for the winning team and for Fun Friday. But I also want to use it in a more academic capacity; possibly as a springboard for journal topics and other critical thinking activities. If you have any suggestions for me, I'm all ears!
Little things like this are making me even more excited for the new school year!


- Blessings to you,
Kris
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How cool! My husband and I have an iPad...I'll have to check this out! :)

    Hello from your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis