Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tricky Transitions

The most successful tool that I've ever used for transitions is....drum roll please... A music box!







Every Monday I wind up the music box. Anytime we need to transition quickly, or I need to get the students attention, I open the box and let the music play. On Friday, if there is any music left, the class gets a reward. It may be extra recess time or Fun Friday time, whatever motivates your kiddies. The beauty of it is, I never have to say a word. The minute they hear that music, they move quicker and get quiet. It's a beautiful thing!

I'm linking here:
Little Miss Kindergarten

Happy teaching,
Kris






- Blessings to you,
Kris
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

  1. Now that was a gooooood one!
    littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea! "Now where will find a music box?" Guess it is time to go shopping!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What types of transitions do you use this for? I like this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used it for any transitions: lining up quickly, switching subjects , whatever u want them to do quickly & quietly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! What a brilliant idea! We LOVE it, and can't wait to try it out! Thanks for sharing. :-)
    -Jackie and Danielle-

    sisterteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a clever transition idea!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis