Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Nurse's Day


Thursday is Nurse's Day.  It is celebrated on May 12th in honor of Florence Nightingale's birthday.
My class is going to go the clinic and bless our school nurses with this song:

“You Are My Sunshine” {Nurses Edition}


I praise the Lord who gave us nurses


she's always helped us from the start


the little things dear, you've done for us, nurse


You have such a caring heart.



you are my sunshine, my only sunshine


you make me happy when skies are gray


you'll never know dear, how much I love you


please don't take my sunshine away



I turn to you, Nurse, when I need comfort


you give me band-aids when I fall


you give me ice and take my temperature


you call my mom and that's not all...




you are my sunshine, my only sunshine


you make me happy when skies are gray


you'll never know dear, how much I love you


please don't take my sunshine away



we're throwing up sometimes and having headaches


promise I'll always cover my sneeze


to the great woman who heals our boo-boos


We are thankful for all you do.


We're also presenting them with this class book.



{This one's my favorite!}

Here are the printables just for you!!


You Are My Sunshine Lyrics   We Love CCA Nurses Class Book Cover Nurses Class Book Page

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea about the Florence Nightingale fact. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis