Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wacky Wednesday!

Today is Wacky Wednesday (Dr. Seuss's birthday!).  I  made a giant Dr. Seuss hat from bulletin board paper.  As my students read Dr. Seuss books today, they were on the look out for prepositional phrases.  They wrote them on sticky notes and put them on the hat.  I've never seen them so excited to find a prepositional phrase!


 They read books in groups and filled out a readers' response sheet that I found in What the Teacher Wants Dr. Seuss packet! It's amazing.  You have to check it out!
 We also made these cute self-portraits from What the Teacher Wants.
 I'm linking here: obSEUSSedLinkCollection

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to focus on prepositional phrases. I love your Seuss Styled Hair and self-portrait too! Looks like the kids had fun. Thanks for adding your link at ObSEUSSed.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis