Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Secret Student

My class treasure chest is magical.  I'm convinced.  My students will do anything to pick out of it!
I use it in different capacities all year long.

Anytime I see an area that needs motiviation, I use the treasure chest.  And it works like a charm!
My most recent use for it, is the Secret Student.  Sometimes, when we are walking in line I will announce that I am picking one, and only one, student who is the best student in line.  It's that time of year when behavior starts to crumble.  So it's necessary to pull out all the tricks, and this one is a keeper!

4 comments:

  1. I too have a secret student. I have the name written on a piece of paper and hidden in the treasure bin. We open the bin each afternoon to reveal the student's name. If they are having a green day, they may choose their reward: Manatee Money, Treasure, Substitute Job for the next day.

    Cheryl
    Primary Graffiti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, I'm gonna be all over the "SECRET STUDENT" idea tomorrow! :) Thanks for sharing. I adore your treasure box, especially the verse you posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi,
    Let me know how it goes! For my students, even my "bouncy boys" are perfect for this one!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis