Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Reader's Choice

I'm always looking for ways to motivate my students to read.  I duplicated this idea from a website years ago (sorry, I don't remember where). 
I pick 2 books each week to be the Reader's Choice books.  I try to pick 2 books that are levels that represent my general classroom popluation.  You could even do 3 or more books if your reading levels vary greatly.  It's funny that when I forget to post 2 new books the kids are quick to remind me!
After they read the book, they place their picture on their choice.  I used my filing cabinet and used magnets.

It's also funny to me that most of the kids pick "yes" for the books.  Just another way to get them reading!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I do the same thing with my kiddos! Only I used the thumbprints from the original website. I like your smiley people though! The original idea was Beth Newingham's third grade website! :) I think this is a great motivator for students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me of where it was from! I couldn't for the life of me remember!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis