Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Handwriting Rubrics

Here are rubrics for manuscript handwriting and cursive handwriting.  They definitely take the guesswork out of grading handwriting!!  I shrink these to about 50% and staple them to the graded paper.


  1. This is exactly what I needed! Thank you!!

  2. the cursive rubric is used at my child's school for 2nd grade. Column #4 requires perfection and no erasures. This is not realistic. For what grade is this cursive rubric used for in your experience and is there a "range" of acceptable slant and lettering just slightly above and below the lines. My children have (nor do I) ALWAYS touch the top line. Therefore, they will never get A's according to this rubric. My son's handwriting is beautiful and he never gets above a C using this rubric. Any advice?