Monday, January 31, 2011

100th Day

I love, love, love the 100th day of school. I don't know what it is about it, but it's exciting to me! Here's a few of the fun things we did on our 100th day.

Here's the topic for their journal that was on the overhead as they entered the classroom.


I found the $100 pencils at Party City last year for like 50 cents. I picked up the bookmarks and crowns in the $1 section at Target.



We read The Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza.


Then I divided the students into 2 groups of 10. Each student had to decide on a topping to add to the pizza. Then, they added 10 of that topping to their pizza, resulting in 100 toppings on their pizza. This activity was a great cooperative activity.


Then we read Grandpa's Teeth. This is my new favorite book! I laughed as I read it for the first time alone in my classroom. After school, I read it to my 2 children in my classroom. As I was reading, the janitor came in and stopped and just stood there listening until I finished the book. It was hysterical! You must get it and read it.right.now.


Then the kids made two drawings. One was what they look like presently. Then, they drew themselves at 107 years old. We crumbled up the 100 year old picture to make it look "wrinkly".


We also made 100 day bottles. Click here for all the instructions. I highly recommend this activity. It's a simple at home project that's a more purposeful twist to the "bring in 100 items" activity.

Happy 100th Day!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the pizza idea and it ties in well with fractions! Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis